Taste & See
Taste & See is a new ministry of Redeemer Church. The goal of Taste & See is to share great food with the world. We do this by giving free samples at local events and providing recipes right here on our website. We do this because we believe that this is a great representation of what God has done for us. He has poured out his lavish grace on us free of charge.
We hope you enjoy this food and pray that you see that God tastes better than anything we could ever cook.
Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
15oz. box of bran flakes
5 c. flour
5tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2c.for 12 to 15 mins. sugar
4 eggs beaten
1 qt. buttermilk
1 c. veg oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Mix cereal and bran flakes and buttermilk and soak until soggy
2. In a mixer combine the rest of the ingredients. Add in soggy cereal mix.
3. Bake at 325 in greased muffin tins.
1c, powdered sugar
2/3 c. almond flour
2 large egg whites room temperature
pinch cream of tartar
1/4 c. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine powdered sugar and almond flour
3. Whisk egg whites in mixer until foamy, add cream of tartar and whick until it starts to form add sugar and continue until you have stiff peaks.
4. Fold in powdered sugar and flour mix. Stir until shiny. Add food coloring to match filling.
5. Add into a pastry bag that has a 1/2 in. plain tip.
6. Pipe onto a parchment lined sheet in 1/2 to 3/4 in. circles. (Ass you finish drag the tip out to the side to avoid a peak)
7. Tap entire sheet on counter a few times. Let sit15 mins.
8. Lower over heat to 325. Bake 8-10 mins. or until just set.
9. Remove, cool on rack, fill with jelly or swiss meringue buttercream.
Swiss Meringue Buttercream
5 large egg whites
1c. sugar plus 2 tbsp.
pinch of salt
4 sticks butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine egg whites, sugar, and salt in your mixers heat proof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved.
2. Attach mixing bowl to your mixer and begin whisking on med. until stiff but not dry.
3. Switch to paddle and starting adding in butter. Mix all in, add vanilla.
- Coffee flavor- stir in 1/2 tsp. instant espress
- Pistachio- mix in 1/3 - 1/2 cup. finely chopped pistachios
- Coconut- mix in 1/3 to 1/2c. minced unsweetened coconut flakes
- Salted Carmel- Mix in 1/2 c. carmel, 1/2 tsp. salt
Sour Cream Cut Out Cookies
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. soda
2 c. sugar
1.Cream these ingredients
5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2. Whisk these together
3. Combine dry mix and wet ingredients.
4. Roll out on a floured surface to 3/4 to 1" thick. Cut out and bake 6-8 mins.
5. Cool, frost.
21lb. powdered sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vamilla
1/4 to 1/2 c. heavy cream or milk.
Mix and frost